What do you get when someone looks at a water heater and says, “What if I used that to heat my home?” You get a boiler!
Okay, we know it likely didn’t go down like that but you catch our drift. Boilers are home heating systems that operate by heating water that provides radiant heat throughout your house. They work differently than furnaces and heat pumps but they are meant to accomplish the same goal: keeping the house nice and toasty warm even when the world outside is icy cold.
While they may use a different approach than furnaces, boilers share other things in common with their forced-air cousins: they all need timely repairs when a problem pops up!
5 Indicators Your Boiler Needs Help
Boilers are just like other heating systems when it comes to repair issues. If you are having any of the following troubles with your system, reach out for boiler repair in Frederick, MD before you end up needing a system replacement.
- Your boiler is making a ruckus. Boilers will make some noise when they are in operation but they shouldn’t create a racket. If your boiler creates too much noise when heating your home (think of sounds like hissing, crackling, whistling, and rumbling) it is likely time to call in a pro to check things out.
- You notice signs of a leak. A leaking boiler is not going to be able to heat your home very well. Low water pressure makes it harder for the system to heat and cycle water through the home. If you check your boiler and notice signs of a leak from pipes or connections, it means you need repairs.
- It is taking longer to heat the home. Boilers are great because they provide radiant heat which warms the home pretty quickly. If you have noticed it is taking longer and longer to warm up though, something may be wrong with your system.
- You notice cold spots throughout the house. When you walk around your home, do you notice some areas are warm while others remain cold and uncomfortable? This isn’t normal. Cold spots in the home are a sign of trouble with your boiler that likely requires repairs.
- Energy bills are sky-rocketing. Last but not least, don’t forget to take a good hard look at your energy bill. If you notice a spike in your monthly usage that doesn’t make sense, it may be due to a faulty boiler that is using extra energy to try to get its job done.
Is your boiler acting up? If so, we can help get it back into working order. Our team of professionals can diagnose and repair boilers in a timely manner. We make sure to get the job done right so your satisfaction, and your comfort, is guaranteed. We promise that your repair appointment with us will always be hassle-free.
Your Whole House Approach can be found here. Contact Tuckers Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing to schedule an appointment. Serving Frederick and the surrounding areas.